• Bring a more powerful voice to the region’s tourism industry.
• Communicate to local constituents the importance and value of the tourism industry as a major economic generator.
• Establish regional tourism data to support the value of tourism and further our efforts to enhance the tourism product.
• Promote Coastal Virginia as a destination of choice for leisure and business travelers, group tours, meetings and conventions.
• As a collaborative effort, work with City Councils and City leadership throughout the region to establish a dedicated state funding source.
• Investigate methods for working together on convention promotion within the context of the competition among localities for convention business.
• Continue the effort to promote a region-wide approach to hosting meeting planners, travel agents and travel writers.
• Jointly support “Thank the Visitor Day” at the Norfolk International Airport during National Tourism Week.
• Establish a Virginia Green region through cooperative efforts to encourage hospitality and tourism businesses to adopt environmentally-friendly practices.
• Produce a regional map for distribution at area Visitor Information Centers.
• Produce a regional Value of Tourism video to promote the impact/importance of tourism on the region.