Goals & Initiatives
- Bring a more powerful voice to the region’s tourism industry.
- Communicate to local constituents the importance and value of the tourism industry as a major economic generator.
- Establish regional tourism data to support the value of tourism and further our efforts to enhance the tourism product.
- Promote Coastal Virginia as a destination of choice for leisure and business travelers, group tours, meetings and conventions.
Collaborate with area Chambers of Commerce and economic development entities on a regional rebranding initiative.
- Engage with regional and statewide tourism stakeholders to align common goals and initiatives that promote tourism, product development and identify funding sources.
- Promote the economic impact and importance of tourism in the region.
- Produce an informational website to highlight the region’s tourism attributes and the value of tourism to our communities.
- Maintain a social media presence to promote regional tourism events and activities.
- Partner to celebrate National Travel & Tourism Week at Norfolk International Airport and New Kent Visitors Center.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
CVTA Advertising Q & A updated 1-27-23
Coastal Virginia Tourism Alliance Is Seeking Proposals From Qualified Offerors To Provide Marketing And Advertising Services.
Non-mandatory- January 10, 2023, at 11:00 AM at Norfolk International Airport, 2200 Norview Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23518.
Please register to attend by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
RFP Due Date Has Been Extended until February 13, 2023!
The Coastal Virginia Tourism Alliance is a forum for destination marketing organizations to advance a greater awareness of the tourism and hospitality industry as a major economic generator, promote Coastal Virginia as a destination and encourage development and growth of tourism and hospitality businesses and venues throughout the region.
RESOURCES FOR TRAVELERS
Virginia 511: Check out the Virginia 511 road alerts and traffic cameras or call the Highway Helpline at 1-800-367-ROAD for up to the minute information about current road and traffic conditions.
For information on Virginia’s Ferry System please check the Virginia Department of Transportation’s website.
Get updates from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.